Thursday, April 14, 2011

McCormick Style Poultry Seasonings

I cooked a whole chicken with stuffing this past weekend. So I decided to make my own version of the McCormick Poultry Seasoning. The back of the label lists the ingredients as: black pepper, thyme, sage, rosemary, sweet marjoram, and nutmeg.

My ratios are as follows using whole dried spices:
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon rosemary (actually just a little bit less than a teaspoon...dried rosemary is pretty powerful)
2 teaspoons sage
3 teaspoons sweet marjoram
Approximately 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg (could have been a bit more)

Place all these spices into a coffee grinder that you dedicate to spices only and grind fine.

Results: should cut back the sweet marjoram by one teaspoon, it was too strong. Bite could have also been from the unknown measure of nutmeg. I'm not too sure

0 comments: